Experienced Curtain Maker
Location: Wishaw, GB
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive. Depending On Experience.
Description: Due to our continued success, Rainbow Blinds & Interiors are looking to recruit Curtain Makers / Sewing Machinists with experience in the soft furnishings industry making high end curtains, blinds and other soft furnishings to start immediately. Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate should possess a willingness to learn and great communication skills. Knowledge of the blinds industry would be an advantage, but not essential. You will be working as part of a large production team within a very busy manufacturing environment to fulfil customer orders on time and to the highest quality standard.
- Experience making hand sewn and machined curtains, lined and interlined, in a range of heading styles including making pelmets, swags ands tails and hand sewn pleats to an excellent standard
- Experience making hand finished roman blinds to an excellent standard
- Experience making scatter cushions and box cushions with zips, bed valances, bed covers, etc.
- Some basic upholstery experience would be beneficial
- Use of industry standard workroom equipment, machines and techniques
- Accurate hand sewing, maintaining the highest quality finish is essential
- Have a flair for soft furnishings and a keen eye for detail and accuracy in all work.
- Be able to measure, cut and sew accurately and check standards for all finished work.
- Have good communication skills in verbal and written English
- Be able to follow verbal and written instructions and interpret worksheets
- Have great attention to detail, use initiative and be able to work with designers and alone
- Be tidy, organized and able to work accurately and to a high standard under pressure to meet demand
- Be flexible in approach and working time to meet deadlines and workload
- Be able to keep the workroom tidy at all times and adhere to health and safety regulations
Hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday to Thursday, 8am-3.30pm Friday.
Location: Rainbow Blinds & Interiors, Wishaw
Benefits: Company pension scheme; on-going training
Salary: Meets National Minimum Wage
Application: In the first instance, submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to our HR Department at Rainbow Blinds & Interiors, 61, Canyon Road, Excelsior Park, Wishaw, Lanarkshire ML2 0EG.
Date Posted: 2019-08-13 | Valid 2019-12-27